21 Fashion Brands Designed by Black Men and Women That You Need to Bookmark ASAP



Written by ALEXIS BENNET

Let’s keep the momentum going from Black History Month and celebrate some brands that are moving the Black culture forward. If you’re like me you already know how hard it can be to find these dope fashion designers. Sure, I’ve discovered one or two brands while scrolling on Instagram and a few others from endless Google searches. But wouldn’t it be awesome to see our talented brothers and sisters celebrated more on mainstream media platforms (and not just during February)?


As an editor at InStyle, it’s important me to continuously give those talented black designers a place to shine. That’s why I’ve rounded up 21 of my absolutely favorite creators below. From swimwear designers to need-to-know accessory makers, here’s a roundup of my favorite black fashion designers. Check back often because I’ll be continuously updating this list.

1. ASHYA
Designer: Ashley Cimone and Moya Annece
Location: Brooklyn
Price: $395-$675
Online Retailers: Garmentory.com and Ashya.co
What makes the brand stand out?Here, you'll find the chicest collection of belt bags around. Grab one for your next getaway or for a stylish way to free up your hands while on the go.

To read more Click here

Comments